By: Christopher B. Moore, CFP®
There are lots of wealth management firms out there today that you can choose from. However, they aren’t all the same — far from it.
Your choice of a wealth management firm is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. You should look for a firm that is big enough to meet your needs but not so large that you feel neglected. A wealth management firm should also be willing to go above and beyond what’s expected to deliver the highest possible level of customer service.
Simon Quick Advisors is exactly this kind of wealth management firm. We take pride in the strong relationships we’ve built with our clients over the years and the trust they place in us to manage their financial affairs.
5 Key Differentiators
There are a number of key differentiators that set Simon Quick apart from other wealth management firms. These include the following:
1. Our proactive team-based approach — Every Simon Quick wealth management client works with a team, not just an individual person. Your Simon Quick wealth management team includes a client advisor, analyst, and client service administrator. This way, if one team member is unavailable, another team member can step right in and handle your request.
In contrast, some wealth management firms are one-person operations that offer little support beyond the principal. At large brokerage houses, meanwhile, wealth managers might work with hundreds of clients. Simon Quick advisors typically work with about 50 clients, which allows them to give each client the highest level of attention and service.
We also put clients at the center of all decisions by acting as a fiduciary. Our advice is specific to each client and delivered proactively, not reactively. We go the extra mile in servicing client relationships.
2. Our culture and people — Our culture is unique in our industry and a big reason why we’ve been successful. Almost one-third of our employees own equity in the company, so we think and act like owners. We also have a long-term succession plan so there is no key-person risk. Clients get to know and work with various team members at the firm so they are not at risk of losing continuity when their original advisor retires.
3. Firsthand appreciation of your needs — Our business is built for individuals and families that have the same planning and investment needs as our founding partners, the ownership team, and their families. It helps to work with an advisor who has been in your shoes.
For example, Les Quick went through a liquidity event when the discount brokerage firm his family founded was sold and Peter Simon helped run his family’s family office before joining Simon Quick.
Our partners and their families have over $500 million invested side-by-side with our clients. In other words, we eat our own cooking. We appreciate firsthand the complexities that wealth creates and use our decades of experience to develop a long term plan for you and your family that meets your needs and objectives.
4. Our open architecture approach — Wealth managers at the big brokerage houses are usually limited when it comes to the investment options at their disposal. They tend to favor only the largest of funds that can incorporate significant allocations of capital. In many cases, they also choose their own firm’s funds and securities, which aren’t necessarily the best option for clients. In contrast, our advisors have access to the entire universe of investment opportunities, giving them greater flexibility to build customized portfolios designed to maximize our clients’ investment returns. This allows our advisors to take advantage of niche investments that aren’t available to most large brokerage houses or individual investors. We can be nimble and quick to respond to fast-changing market conditions and opportunities for our clients.
5. The use of cutting-edge technology — Simon Quick leverages the latest technology to provide comprehensive wealth management services to our clients. Our technology enables clients to view their entire financial life all in one place — not just investments, but also consumer loans, credit cards, mortgages, checking and savings accounts, and more.
Having consolidated access to every aspect of your personal finances in one place greatly simplifies your financial life and helps improve financial decision making.
Learn More About Simon Quick
Please feel free to contact us if you have more questions about these key differentiators and the benefits of working with Simon Quick Advisors. You can call us at (973) 525-1000 or send an email to email@example.com.
About Chris Moore
Chris is a Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer of Simon Quick Advisors based in Morristown, NJ. He joined the firm in 2004 as the third employee. Today, he sits on the firm's Management, Operating, and Investment committees where he provides guidance on the firm’s overall vision and strategy. He works closely with clients to develop financial plans and multi-asset class portfolios and has extensive experience in estate, retirement, insurance, tax, charitable, and investment planning. Chris graduated with a BA from the College of the Holy Cross where he majored in Mathematics and minored in Computer Science. He became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in 2006 before going on to earn his MBA from Columbia Business School with a focus in finance and investments. Chris serves as an Advisory Board Member for Bow River Capital Partners, a private equity firm based out of Denver, CO, and he is a Board Member of the NJ chapter of the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO), one of the world’s premier leadership organizations. Most recently, he became an Investor in Residence for the Benjamin Graham Value Investing Program at the UCLA Department of Economics. To learn more about Chris visit his LinkedIn.
Simon Quick Advisors, LLC (Simon Quick) is an SEC registered investment adviser with a principal place of business in Morristown, NJ. Simon Quick may only transact business in states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. A copy of our written disclosure brochure discussing our advisory services and fees is available upon request. References to Simon Quick as being "registered" does not imply a certain level of education or expertise. No information provided shall constitute, or be construed as, an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to acquire any security, investment product or service, nor shall any such security, product or service be offered or sold in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation is prohibited by law or registration. Additionally, no information provided in this report is intended to constitute legal, tax, accounting, securities, or investment advice nor an opinion regarding the appropriateness of any investment, nor a solicitation of any type. Past performance may not be indicative of future results. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk. It should not be assumed that future performance of any specific investment or investment strategy will be profitable, equal any corresponding indicated performance level(s), be suitable for your portfolio or individual situation, or prove successful.